Jacqui Parkinson Exhibitions
Threads through Revelation - On Tour Now!
Threads through Revelation is the largest of Jacqui’s exhibitions - maybe the largest by a single textile artist -
and is visiting cathedrals across the country for the next three years. The exhibition is travelling to:
Chester Cathedral: 19 April - 4 June 2017
Peterborough Cathedral: 27 June - 8 Sept 2017
Salisbury Cathedral: 11 September - 5 Nov 2017
Ripon Cathedral: 26 February - 13 April 2018
Southwell Minster: 16 April - 16 June 2018
St Edmundsbury Cathedral: 19 June - 17 August 2018
Please visit Jacqui's website www.revelation-threads.co.uk to see more information and help support Jacqui's work.
The eleven 'cathedral exhibitions' continue to tour cathedrals and there are also five sets of hand-stitched banners:
• Our Father
• Jesus is . . .
• The Servant King
All sets of banners are made up of ten pieces of work (each approx 2 metres high and ½ meter wide) and available for hire at £50 for a month: Please visit Deo Gloria Trust.
Previous Textile Projects
Jacqui Parkinson has been working on several interesting projects, including:
'good grief?' – Following the death of her first husband Rob Frost in 2007, Jacqui stitched an extraordinary set of vintage handkerchiefs as she worked through her grief. These form a book by the same title [on sale for £10 including P + P] and are one of the Deo Gloria Trust touring exhibitions.
Life, Loss and Laundries – an exhibition of artwork inspired by the traditions of women's work in mending and washing in Victorian and Edwardian time.
Jacqui has been researching been the 'anonymous' lives of destitute girls in the 1890's-1910's. Some of them found their way into places like Devon House of Mercy, Bovey Tracey, where Jacqui's studio used to be situated. They were trained there by Anglican nuns in kitchen work, housekeeping, needlework and laundry skills.
Previous Exhibitions of Jacqui Parkinson's Textile Work
Eleven cathedral exhibitions, created between 2004 and 2013, on tour now:
Angels, Creation, The Journey, River of Life, Beatitudes, Jesus Is…, Prayer,
Rites of Passage, Our Father, 'good grief?', Run, Servant King
• 2004 – London : Pathways Summer Exhibition, Terrace Gallery Museum
• 2004 – London : Summer Exhibition, Lantern Arts Centre
• 2004 – London, Dublin, Harrogate : Knitting and Stitching Show
• 2005 – London : OPUS, Mall Galleries
• 2006 – London : PRISM, Mall Galleries
• 2008 – London : Society of Designer Craftsmen, Mall Galleries
• 2009 – London : PRISM, Mall Galleries
• 2012 – Taunton : Brewhouse Gallery, 'Mapping the Future'
• 2012 – London : PRISM, Mall Galleries, 'Hidden Places, Hidden Spaces'
• 2012 – London : St Margaret’s Church, Westminster, 'More than Gold'
• 2013 – Exeter : National Trust, Killerton House, 'Love, loss and laundries'
• 2013-14 : Great Yarmouth, Time and Tide Museum, 'Frayed, Textiles on the Edge'
• 2014 – Bovey Tracey : Devon Guild of Craftsmen, 'Love, loss and laundries'
• 2014 – Manchester : John Rylands Library, 'Good Grief?'
• 2016 – 'Threads through Revelation', touring British Cathedrals
• 2017 – Exeter Chapel, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, 'Threads and Ripples'